Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lanta, December 4

"I want to be
under the sea
in an octopus's garden
in the shade..."

I am now a PADI certified open water diver! I finished the course today and am so pleased. The last two dives were my best, with the skills going well, and sightings of fabulous corals and fish (including a banded sea snake, a school of Lionfish, Trigger fish, tonnes of Moorish Idols and even a few mammals known as Swedish Hotties). The boat ride back was a dreamy pleasant affair of basking in the sun and the glow of acomplishment. A great day.







Last night, I said goodbye to my fellow travellers some of whom are squeezing in a little more island time in Krabi Province before the treks home. It was sad to see them go -we've been together for nearly 3 weeks and I havce become quite fond of them. Now it's just me and David, who leaves shortly to start a Similan dive trip (he really took to the sport, and it's easy to see why).

No comments: